Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Adventure Begins

After a long 12 hour flight with a 2 hour delay we finally touched down in Incheon airport in Seoul. Immediately we were welcomed by our host families with cheering and signs. It felt so wonderful to be so welcomed. Meraf immediately was swept up by her host family and the rest of us boarded a bus to Asan.

Last night Hanna checked in on everyone and all is well. We will be going to the middle school first thing tomorrow where there will be a welcoming ceremony.

I'll keep you updated with everyone's thoughts after Hanna and I sit down with everyone and talk about the experience so far. Again, I cannot express how grateful I am to share this experience with all these amazing people and I can not wait to share all the stories, lessons and memories I've had thus far and hear all the kids thoughts.

As for me, I visited Magoksa Temple today and will upload some pictures later so you all can see how beautiful it was. But for now, here's a picture of our beautiful faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment